Sunday, October 28, 2007

Dutch and Droog

I know I'm a little late mentioning this, but I feel that it's personally something I must address. A year or more ago I was shocked to see the student (student!) work of dutch prodigy Joris Laarman. This boy wonder transformed what is a completely neglected architectural element, the radiator, into this:

Now this may not seem like much to anyone else, one might even think I'm going WAY overboard here. But he had me thinking things over, not to re-invent the mundane, oh wow here let's not just add a little paint and decor, but instead wholly transform our dull necessities. I couldn't get him out of my head! And here now on Unica Home's website they are at last offering his radiators for sale. Sure at a hefty price, sure they're great and beautiful, etc. But really I feel like I just had to type his name, reference him for my own personal catharsis--I guess because I'm jealous?
Unica Home

No comments: