Sunday, April 27, 2008

c. jere


Something happened to me and here almost a month later, it's still kind of hard to talk about. In all my scavenging days, I let the best treasure walk away. I found a very large Curtis Jere sculpture from the 'raindrops' series, signed and dated, $300. Sure it was stunning enough, but maybe it was my buyer's anxiety, maybe it was my cloudy knowledge of the artist(s) that create these brass sculptures, anyhow, I turned to leave the booth. Before my feet had even moved from their spot, a red bearded rascal swapped the beauty. Of course, after a little research, a painful longing for my treasure lost, I see that Jonathan Adler has begun to reproduce this exact sculpture at a steep $1200 while the originals easily reach $2000.

1 comment:

IstvanBloggin' said...

Interesting blog you have here, hope you'll post stuff more often.
Have a nice day