Sunday, July 20, 2008

Like Mother Like Daughter


I have for years witnessed my mother's own color driven madness, not allowing us to use certain glasses with particular dishes, and oh, cobalt with that purple? She has always been painstakingly color conscious, not to the point of being high maintenance, but always showing a sincere appreciation for melding the right hues and forming a perfect palette. Now it would seem I am following her lead, be it from those past influences or perhaps my own interest in the art of serigraphie, in which color is truly the "medium" from which you create. Either way, the reaches of this obsession have carried over into my search for dinnerware. A $10 collection of small quality thin type glassware in amethyst, aquamarine, vaseline, smoke and amber was enough to start me off. And here now I have just added this set to my collection.

No comments: